[GeoStL] Re: [GeoStL]Now: gunpowder, was: Our world has gone crazy!!!!!

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:35:55 -0500

-
Jim,

I used to buy all my gunpowder supplies (sulpher and saltpeter) at Old
Orchard pharmacy in Webster. We learned that adding powdered aluminum along
with the charcoal make it burn much brighter and worked great in our little
pipe and carbide cannons. This was in the early 50's before drugs so it's
all we had to keep busy.

Rich