[GeoStL] Re: Geeezzzz...

  • From: "merkin" <merkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 07:41:24 -0700

-

I checked the cache after the negative log and the cache is indeed gone.  While
the cache was certainly "unusual" I thought it would be a fun 3-minute cache
for people who did the math.  And, what it lacked in scenery should have
certainly been compensated for with the quality of items in the cache.  Cougars
plus Junior Fries was probably $50+, and it was a concerted effort to increase
cache quality in the area.  I visited one in Jackpot, Nevada last year where
the contents were 37 cents, two golf tees, a moldy cigarette, a broken child's
watch, and three broken-point pencils.  Very sad.  I'd hate to see caching in
this area go that far downhill.

Our family did Syrup with your Wapel and thought it was one of the best-stocked
caches we'd ever been to.  So, we did Junior Fries and Cougars Don't Wear Pants
along the same lines - ammo cans chock full of stuff.  I had an unusual story
to tell with the Cougars cache, plus I never miss a chance to poke fun at BYU -
hence the win-loss record calculated into the coordinates.  And, the folks at
Costco were most helpful in getting approval.  They thought the back of the
building there would see very little traffic, so we could be in a rather
developed setting but still away from the geomuggles.

Once a week, I sit down with my daughter and read all the log entries out loud
to her.  It's her favorite part of caching, I think.  But, you can't please
everyone.  We'll set out a few new ones in the coming weeks, and I promise some
diabolical homework on at least one (can anyone say modulo multiplication?)

merkin4

From: "timpam" <timpam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Mon,  1 Mar 2004 08:12:24 -0600

>-
>I sure hope they didn't archive this becouse of one negative log! If it was
>that bad everybody else would have complained about it in there logs!
>Tim
>Tim, Pam & Molly

Subject field