[GeoStL] Re: Garden of the Gods or something else .. Illinois Cache/Area??

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 20:39:43 -0500

Unfortunately, this couple aren't geocachers -- yet  lol.  And we don't have
time to "train" them before tomorrow.  If they head to Pere Marquette they may
wander into the Titus Hollow area on their own.

But this one area I'm specifically thinking of, the pictures seemed like small
canyons. Does Garden of the Gods fit that area? Giant City?  You're an
Illinoisan right?  Where would you tell them to go for good hiking/scenery etc?

Nancy
  From: tnands <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [GeoStL] Garden of the Gods or something else .. Illinois
Cache/Area??

  Myotis has (had) a cache placed somewhere in southern/central Illinois in an
area that, if I'm remembering pictures correctly, looked like it was a small
"canyon" type area.  I've read the page a few times when we've come back from
Kentucky -- so it's down that direction.  Can anyone tell me what the area is?
Is it Garden of the Gods?  Someone was asking about good places to go within a
few hours of the Effingham, IL area to hike and see great scenery.  A lot of
Missouri parks are further than they want to go tomorrow (although they may
wind up going to Grafton/Pere Marquette etc) and I remembered that Myotis cache.

  Right now I'm trying to make my way through Myotis' caches.. all 100+ of them
.. but if someone knew the answer ...

  Thanks!
  Nancy