[GeoStL] Garden of the Gods or something else .. Illinois Cache/Area??

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocaching Freelist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 20:20:33 -0500

Myotis has (had) a cache placed somewhere in southern/central Illinois in an
area that, if I'm remembering pictures correctly, looked like it was a small
"canyon" type area.  I've read the page a few times when we've come back from
Kentucky -- so it's down that direction.  Can anyone tell me what the area is?
Is it Garden of the Gods?  Someone was asking about good places to go within a
few hours of the Effingham, IL area to hike and see great scenery.  A lot of
Missouri parks are further than they want to go tomorrow (although they may
wind up going to Grafton/Pere Marquette etc) and I remembered that Myotis cache.

Right now I'm trying to make my way through Myotis' caches.. all 100+ of them
.. but if someone knew the answer ...

Thanks!
Nancy