[GeoStL] From the archives

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:48:23 -0500

-
I'm usually not a packrat, but I tend to keep all
emails.  Here is one that I find interesting.  This
is from a few months after I started geocaching.
Note the date (5 years ago) and the find count.
I had not met Barry at this point in time, yet,
although he only lived a few miles away from me.

'barramus' is no longer 'barramus', but 1/2 of the
geocaching team of 'tumbleoak'.  He has since
taken a geo-wife and they last cached in Hawaii.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=b6a8b141-c477-4c2f-afd9-d0a9d5a8eb1c

FROM THE ARCHIVES

To: barramus@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  contacting you from Geocaching.com
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 20:43:03 -0700
Glad you finally got your pennies!  If one of them turns out to be a rare
copper vintage from 1943, any donations to my favorite charity (me) would
be greatly appreciated!

If things work out on my day off tomorrow, we may match your cache 'find'
stats.  We're looking to go from 8 'finds' to 12. (Denali has nothing to
worry about ...)