[GeoStL] Re: Followup: Re: Bad Karma GCCB93 & Blue Monkey GCCB92

  • From: "J.A. Terranson" <measl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 21:29:25 -0500 (CDT)

-

On Sat, 7 May 2005, Bernie wrote:

> -   Personally I could never understand why both of these caches are allowed.
> They are both buried in the ground and are very very hard to find.   Bernie.

I see in the logs that Glenn reviewed this issue and said it was legal,
BUT...

        http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#offlimit

        Caches may be quickly archived if we see the following (which is
        not inclusive):

        * Caches that are buried. If a shovel, trowel or other pointy object
        is used to dig, whether in order to hide or to find the cache, then it
is
        not appropriate.

This would seen to agree with your assessment.

In addition, the stated requirements on the sign in front of this cache
*explicitly* forbid disturbing underbrush - an absolute requirement for
this.

I hereby formally request (and have posted a request on geocache.com as
well) for archiving.

//Alif

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@xxxxxxx
0xBD4A95BF

        "What this country needs is a good old fashioned nuclear enema."

Subject field