[GeoStL] Re: Followup: Re: Bad Karma GCCB93 & Blue Monkey GCCB92

  • From: "J.A. Terranson" <measl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 21:34:44 -0500 (CDT)

-

On Sat, 7 May 2005, Mariel Leggett wrote:

> Read the email, wow, sounds like your "adventure" was awful to say the
> least!

I don't know that "awful" would be the right word.  I'm an avid hiker and
routinely tackle extreme surfaces (short of true verticle cliff faces).  I
had a great  time on the hike itself, but because this cache was so poorly
documented I ended up doing a 5/5 cache with expert-only climbs of several
hundred feet when I wasn't expecting it (and therefore wasn't prepared for
it).

Just ticked me off a little.  But actually, it *could* have been a really
fun ascent - *IF* I had been prepared for it :-(

> Hope this experience hasn't turned you off to geocaching.

Oh, not at all!  We've had a few of these "mishaps" where we end up
approaching from the totally wrong direction.  I posted it becuase it was
just *crazy* that this took 8+ hours, and scored a DNF!  I very much see
the humor of our predicament today, and thought everyone else would enjoy
it as well!

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@xxxxxxx
0xBD4A95BF

        "What this country needs is a good old fashioned nuclear enema."

Subject field