[GeoStL] First Boeing and now Scott AFB

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GC-maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:33:28 -0500

-
Last week eubie3 attracted attention while looking for a cache after dark in
St. Charles near the Boeing plant. Now some mushroom hunters were arrested near
Scott Air Force Base (see article below), but they DID climb a fence to get on
the property.

This shows, I think, that we need to start being aware of our surroundings and
what others who see us are thinking. Hunting mushrooms isn't much different
that hunting for a cache.

Rich

-- A Colorado couple was the focus of a manhunt yesterday at Scott Air Force
Base. The couple wandered onto government property while searching for
mushrooms.

Michael Shubert and Amanda Peterson were looking for the mushrooms when they
climbed a fence onto the base. Police officers from several local departments
searched for the couple.

When they were found, they were ticketed for criminal trespassing.