[GeoStL] FOR JEN Frustration part 2 (SOLUTION INCLUDED)

  • From: pntball <gcpntball@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:45:27 -0800 (PST)

ok jen what is wrong is geocaching uses the map wgs84 streets and trips uses
the map format nad73.this is why the waypoint told you it was in jeff.
county.you will have to convert it throught jeeep.com or download a freeware
program to do it.i think the streets and trips takes only coordinates in the
decimal format Nxx.xxxx Wxx.xxxxx.if this doesn't help you let me know and i
will tell you more about it.pntball
 Jen Guyer <nyisutter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:While I can't use the Garmin mapping
software, I do have a newly purchased Streets and Trips. I am not getting along
with it very well right now :). It won't let me find a location using lat and
long. I have entered my coords using just about every format in the help
section and every time I push "find" it pops with a stupid box telling me I
haven't done it right! Well, actually the first time I entered coords it did
accept them, but put my St. Charles bookcrossing cache somewhere around
Jefferson County. ARGH! Given the fact that you can see what I am doing, do you
have any idea what might be going on? How do you enter the coords? Using my
Bookcrossing coords as an example, how would you type it in the find form?
Thanks N 38° 48.024 W 090° 28.863  Jen