[GeoStL] Re: Caches in kids playgrounds

  • From: "Jg \"outdoorman63\"" <outdoorman1963@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:27:01 -0700 (PDT)

i agree that maybe in the cache page it should say this is a more kids friendly
cache or that it is in a playground..that would make me aware that i have to do
this at a early or late hour...we have to worry enough about people calling and
turning us in for standing around or peeking into places or looking strange. :)
but its part of the game.and the game is played by many...it is just nice to
know who each piece of the game is more intended for ...me i am beginning to
love the ones in the middle of nowhere...
                                             Mike Griffin <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:-
You ever thought that maybe those caches are placed for kids and not 40+
adults eager to boost their cache totals? I feel the same way but, I either
do them real early in the morning or late at night. If the cache page
indicates their is a playground near the cache, I have no problem with it.
Its the ones that don't say anything until you get there that I have a real
problem with.

Remember Myotis, this is a game for everyone. Not every cache will be
likeable or even doable by everyone. There are some that would say 20 mile
hikes to log one cache should be not allowed. You can't have rules based
upon whether or not people like them.

Mike