[GeoStL] Auto GPSr

  • From: "Hobbit Taz @ Charter" <hobbittaz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:09:19 -0500 (EST)

I have a friend looking to purchase a GPSr for his Wife's car.
He would like something that will have maps that will stay up-to-date without a yearly fee. Any one have any preferrences for this sort of GPSr. Do the road maps stay pretty much useful without subscriptions? What about Traffic and road constrution (i know that would requre a fee) but are those expensive features?

I don't believe he plans to use it outside the car so portability and entering "GPS Coordinates" probably not high priority to have. Although, he is a boy scout father and I know they have gone on day hikes which, as a cacher, I know having a gps with you can be a good thing.