[GeoStL] Re: April 21 Al Foster Bike ride/caching

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:01:37 -0500

-
FYI:  This is one of the areas I have Garmin topo maps for.  The Al Foster
Trail and other trails in the area are on the trail map.  So if people want
to see in the field how well the maps work, you will be able to.  I will
also bring some CDs with the maps if anyone still needs a CD.  Actually,
this is a really good place to see how good these maps are.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

PS

Sunday after camping in Washington SP, I hiked the trails in Mastodon SP.
So they are on the latest version of the STL Area Trails map.  I also
updated the topo map to add spring branch after tracing it in GoogleEarth.
The museum area was closed so I was not able to GPS the trails up there.  MO
Trails now has Washington SP.