[GeoStL] Re: Another reminder to avoid railroad caches!

  • From: JimSGreene@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:59:59 EDT

-
Was this even a railroad cache? I will discuss what I'm doing with adults  if
"caught" geocaching to try and teach bystanders, and let them know that I am
not doing anything wrong. But almost anything could look suspicious to the
paranoid people out there. All we can do is try to inform the proper
authorities  when we need to, and in cases like this, work with people to get
permission, or  pack it up & move it somewhere else. I heard a local park
ranger talk
about  how HE could rig up an ammo can to explode, (I wanted to ask him if he
kept the  explosives in his pocket, but I didn't want to set him off) and he
went on with  all sorts of impossible rules he had before he would allow
caching
in HIS parks.  Of course there still aren't any out there. We will always have
some problems  like this, if this guy gets fined, maybe we could pass the hat
&  help him out. We need to get some lawyers involved with caching too.

Strider

Subject field