[GeoStL] Re: 100 Oldest caches near St. Louis

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:33:18 -0600

-
It would be nice to have a place on the SLAGA website to document and share
some of the history.  There could be stuff like first caches, oldest caches,
first event, etc.  There could be info on historic numbers like how many
caches and that kind of stuff.

I looked back at my records and 21 seems off.  In 2001, I hid 66 caches.  62
were in IL or MO.  Many of them likely would not make it in the 100 mile
radius since lots we down in Southern IL and Southern MO.  But I hid more
than 21 in 2001 in the ST Louis Metro area.  Perhaps it's the issue of your
not having good records for IL where most of mine were.

If I remember correctly back then there were two approvers for the who
country and they did not check much before approving them.  It is just
amazing how this has grown.

My first hide was on 6/27/2001: GCDE2  You were the second person to find
it:

July 7, 2001 by *gln (1409 found)

Emerick Sports Park 16:00, The park is mighty busy this afternoon. Watched a
guy and his son run their remote control boat in the lake there. Very neat.
Signed in, sat in the park some and moved on to see a Cougar. **glenn

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"