[GeoStL] Re: 100 Oldest caches near St. Louis

  • From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:52:02 -0600

-
Here is what I come up with.

caches placed BEFORE jan 1 2002, within 100 miles of stl, active and archived was 217 (give or take) that includes 164 caches in Mo and the rest in IL.

earliest caches I have was fishers of men placed in 6.5.99.

If i take out the caches that are now archived we have 47 left. the oldest being HIgh Ridge, Geocache, Superbowl cache .

Of the list of these caches I have found all but about 3. One of which is "Richard Pryor" which I don't think I will ever attempt.

Jim Bensman wrote:
That link did not work. It said I did not have permission to edit it. But I went to your profile and accessed it there.

I also note the list does not include archived caches and there does not appear to be a way to include them in a PQ. I hid 66 caches in 2001. I wonder how many caches there were within 100 miles at the end of 2001. Is there anyway to figure that out?
Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"