[geekcrypt] Re: Crypto export law in US

  • From: Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 09:23:28 -0400

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Niklas Lemcke - 林樂寬
<compul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Exactly that is what I'm having problems with. Should the effort keep
> the weirdo TC licens on a long term, or should modifying parts of the
> code so that we can use GPL or BSD licenses be part of the long-term
> goal?

One of the original listed project goals was to move to a more FOSS
codebase/license. I personally am in favor of a BSD-like license, but
that would mean we have to eventually replace almost the entire code.
This could mean rewriting the GUI to use GTK+ or QT, new drivers, new
crypto code, etc.