[geekcrypt] Re: Crypto export law in US

  • From: Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geekcrypt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 09:26:15 -0400

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Bill Cox <waywardgeek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, I feel *very* strongly that the first priority should be shipping a
> slightly updated tool with our rebranding, to start people transitioning
> from TrueCrypt to CipherShed, rather than having them switch to BitLocker.
> Every day we delay, we lose more users!

Yes! I agree that, although we're talking about a lot of the future
here, the actual priorities are to:
1. Get the sources compiling on whatever systems we want to support
(Win, Linux, BSD?, Mac?)
2. Rebrand it to comply with the TC3.0 license
3. Release as 1.0
4. THEN, work on future code improvements/fixes/etc.