[GreatBasinFoodCoop] Co-op Hiring for Collective Natural Food Retail Management Position

  • From: GBFC Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gbfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:10:58 -0700

Hello Co-op Community,

The Great Basin Community Food Cooperative is hiring a full time member on
our workers’ collective management group.  We are a non-hierarchical,
self-managed collective and we make our decisions based on consensus.

We thought we'd send out the job posting to our membership to see if there
are any interested and qualified individuals in our local food community.
If you or anyone that you know is interested (and qualified) please email
personnel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  to request an application OR you call our
office at (775) 324-2922.  *Please do not drop off resumes or send inquiries
to our store-front, thank you.  *The end date for resumes and applications
is Friday April 23rd*,  *we will be in communication with all applicants
after that point in time.*
*

 Collective Manager Job Qualifications:

-          Significant years of retail store management (preferably in a
natural foods store)

-          Ability to read financial statements: experience in establishing
margins and pricing

-          Experience in developing budgets, must be able to work with
finance manager and be able to interpret financial spreadsheets.

-          Knowledge of and experience with ordering, intake and inventory
management

-          Organized; consistently follows through on commitments & has the
ability to self motivate and self manage

-          Knowledge of current trends in natural foods industry

-          Excellent communications skills, ability to provide clear
directions; good listener; sense of humor and the ability to work well with
others in small spaces.

-          Basic command of computer applications, excel, word, and basic
POS functions.

Thank you,

The GBCFC Workers' Collective