[GreatBasinFoodCoop] Annual Spring Seedling Sale May 15 & LOCAL EGGS & new ways to get involved at the co-op!!

  • From: GBFC Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gbfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:12:11 -0700

Hello Folks,

Mark your calendars for our annual* Local Spring Seedling Parking Lot
Sale<goog_1775905050>
*!<http://www.greatbasinfood.coop/images/GBCFC/large%20flyer%20food%20coop%20spring%202010%20seedling%20sale.pdf>!
May 15th -- 9am -- 542 1/2 Plumas St.

There will be seedlings sold from local farmers from* 9am-12pm* and coffee
from the Hub Cafe.  *12-4pm* there will be food & beer from local
businesses, live music, face painting at the kids booth,  presentations from
other nonprofit organizations, and much more!!

We will also be selling Solar Sun Ovens and the new sun oven cookbook "The
Sunny Side of Cooking"...includes all kinds of recipes from pies to breads
to veggie dishes... all made under the convenience of the sun!!

*LOCAL EGGS NOW FULLY IN STOCK AT THE CO-OP!! * That's right, the co-op is
going 100% local on our eggs.  Two of our area's local egg producers have
enough eggs to supply us daily with at least 10 dozen eggs...if not more:)
We are up to our ears with eggs this week, please come down and grab a dozen
for some homemade quiche, creme brulee, macaroons, spanish style
tortilla...anything eggcellent!!

*GET INVOLVED, your co-op needs you*.  Want to get involved with
*YOUR*co-op and rack up some volunteer hours this Summer?  Be a part
of the change
you want to see in your local food co-op and join a committee:

   - *Finance Committee: *meeting May 4, 6pm at 26 Cheney St. Reno, NV 89501
   *, *contact finance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info
   - * Local Food Committee: *meeting May 19, 7pm at 26 Cheney St. Reno, NV
   89501, contact localfood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info
   - *Outreach Committee: *meeting May 5, 6pm at 26 Cheney St. Reno, NV
   89501, contact outreach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info
   - *Member Relations: *meeting April 27, 5:30pm at 26 Cheney St. Reno, NV
   89501, contact memberrelations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   <http://memberrelations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%20>for more info
   - *Website Committee*: ongoing meetings, contact
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx more info
   - *Grant-Writing Subcommittee for our move in 2011*:  Monday May 10th at
   5:30pm at 26 Cheney St. Reno, NV 89501, contact
amber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx more info

OR contact memberworker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you would like to involve
yourself in other ways!!

Hope to see you soon :)

Best,
GBCFC
(775) 324-6133 co-op -- 542 1/2 Plumas St.  Reno, NV 89509
(775) 324-2922 office -- 26 Cheney St.  Reno, NV 89501