[gawlerites] Re: Hello Bruce!

  • From: "bja" <moo-man@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gawlerites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:23:52 +1000

Hi Stella / Howard.

So tofu is off the menu now eh? About time! :)

Just kidding... sad to say it, but I actually don't mind the stuff these
days (to my eternal shame).

And yes, it would have been a sad roll-call this time around with seven
empty chairs but all I can say (without becoming too melancholy again) is to
do everything possible to stop there being an eighth.

I'm glad you guys all got to touch base again and had some quality time with
Ian, and I really hope you are all re-energised as you go forward. As for
Ian, I didn't know he was retiring. He will be sadly missed from the centre
but you are right, he has truly had an impact on those who came to him and
his lessons will go on through others in the years to come.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers, they help as I try and find some
direction and purpose again.

And just as a 'final' comment to everyone on the last few weeks; Deb really
appreciated the kind words from the group via email, cards, flowers and the
like in the weeks leading up to her passing, and the kids and I have
appreciated them since. I also want to thank those who came to the funeral.
This would not have been an easy thing to do and I really appreciate it and
I also appreciate those who gave donations to the Gawler Foundation on Deb's
behalf.

Love and best wishes,

Bruce

  _____