[gameprogrammer] Re: to roger d

  • From: "Alan Wolfe" <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:20:10 -0800

For making windows applications, C++ is pretty difficult if you are
using windows API stuff.

Just to clarify - the problem with using C++ for windows API stuff
isn't because C++ sucks, it's because the windows API sucks.  As an
example, you can program windows apps using the GTK library with C++
and it isn't bad so it's not the language, it's the API.

For windows here's what I do...
*When i want to make graphical windows interfaces, i use C#
*When i want to make CPU intensive code like games which need to be
really efficient, I use C++

If you learn C++, you will be far better off than if you don't know it (:

On 2/27/07, Yasser Gonzalez <yassergs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not really I have a loud of time to learn C++. I have not project to do
anyway. The fact is I hate C++. Too many functions, pointers, and
subroutins to make a simple window. Delphi is not case sensitive. But I
going to think about learn a peace of C++