[gameprogrammer] Re: to roger d

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:09:43 -0600

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 17:28 +0000, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Since this is a game programmer's mailing list, I really
> advise you to learn C and C++, if you want to get a job
> in the industry.
>
> There aren't a lot of game companies using Pascal based
> languages.

On the other hand, if he wants to start his own business then there is
no reason not to use what he is most productive in.

I really thing that to many people put too much focus on getting a job.
The only way to always have a job is to start your own business. Not to
mention that having had your own business is the best qualification for
getting a job.

                Bob Pendleton

> Of course, if you are doing this just for your own pleasure
> then use whatever you feel comfortable with.
>
> Cheers,
> Paulo
>
> Quoting Yasser Gonzalez <yassergs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Not really I have a loud of time to learn C++. I have not project to do
> > anyway. The fact is I hate C++. Too many functions, pointers, and
> > subroutins to make a simple window. Delphi is not case sensitive. But I
> > going to think about learn a peace of C++
> >
> > --
> > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +