[gameprogrammer] tile vs poly based map format

  • From: "Roger D. Vargas" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Game programmer list <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:42:27 -0400

Im trying to implement a simple isometric like engine but in 3d.
I would like to know what is the best method to store the map, per tile
info or storing polygon coordinates. Can somebody give me opinions about
this, advantages and sdisadvantages of both methods?

--
Roger Durañona Vargas
Linux user #180787