[gameprogrammer] Re: can C++ make it alone?

  • From: Azeem Zaheer <azeem_841@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 20:02:34 +0500

Thanks for replying guys.
But my problem is still not solved.
Think of me as someone who loves computer games and wants to make some,
for this he has learnt C++ as much as he can.Now, he is stuck.
I can make my own classes.I am familiar with all the rules of the
language.(almost all)
i have made many problem-solving applications, but games??
I repeat my humble question:
How am I going to make a game by myself.2D.
It doesn't need to be side-scrolling, it can be a mere still screen where i
move a character.
If possible, send me the source code.
try to understand.I am desperate ...and frustrated.

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:45:27 -0400From: dark.guy.2008@xxxxxxxxxxx:
gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gameprogrammer] Re: can C++ make it
alone?I once saw a page with a pong made in assembler with text-mode EGA-like
graphics :P... doubt you'll get anything more than that.Dunno... SDL is the
best option, and the API is easy.
On 9/5/07, Casey O'Donnell <caseyodonnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/5/07, Azeem Zaheer <azeem_841@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>>  Can I make a simple
2D Side-scrolling game with only C++ and no other> graphics or game engine? >At
some point you're going to bump into the OS for one reason oranother. SDL does
a nice job of abstracting much of what you're likelyhoping to avoid. It doesn't
hurt to learn the skills necessary for creating a window and rendering context
too though.Seems to me that without graphics or an engine your game would be
asChris points out, text only. I've not seen a side scroller of thatsort,
though it could be interesting. I think you could use something
like:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curses_(programming_library)And get some