[gameprogrammer] Wiki

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:03:40 -0500

To make it easier to use I have now enabled anonymous editing on the
wiki. You know longer have to register or login to edit pages. I'll
watch for a few days and see how that works.

I have enabled access control lists
(http://gameprogrammer.com/gpwiki/HelpOnAccessControlLists) so that you
can protect your own pages from being messed with. You can also create
groups and restrict editing of specific pages to specific groups. What
you can't do is keep everyone else from seeing your pages.

I have also enabled subpages so that information can have a more
hierarchical structures.

Last but not least, I have added links to the wiki from the other 11,000
pages on gameprogrammer.com. That will ensure that material posted on
the wiki will (eventually) be spidered by all the major search engines
and will share the same high page ranking that the rest of
gameprogrammer.com has. (Currently first page on google.com for most
queries about game development or game programming.)

I want to thank everybody who has already posted material. Just keep it
coming.

                        Bob Pendleton

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ blog:  www.Stonewolf.net             +