[gameprogrammer] Re: What language / toolkit to use for platform-independent game programming...?

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:21:12 +0100

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 16:09, Kevin Martinet wrote:
> Lots of people here could answer better then me, but isnt SDL
> exactly what your looking for (www.libsdl.org), combine with OpenGL
> and you got a gaming oriented cross plateform 3d enable engine.

Well, I wouldn't call it an engine, although several well known
engines can use SDL and/or OpenGL for rendering, and there are plenty
of language bindings for both. Both are nice and highly portable
APIs. So, SDL (at least as in "used somewhere in there") definitely
makes sense.

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |
|       http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine          |