[gameprogrammer] Re: Uses of non linear skeletal animation blending

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 20:06:06 -0600

Well, just thinking of the switch from man to werewolf I can see where
you might want the change to take place slowly at first and then to
accelerate toward the end. So, having a non-linear (exponential?) rate
of change would make an interesting effect. Or, having just watched
"The Matrix" for the Nth time yesterday I can see that you might want
time to slow down more slowly as time goes one. Or, you might want the
time rate to follow a saw tooth function so that it just stops every
so often, speeds up, goes faster and faster, and then just stops
again. That would be a really dramatic effect.

Non linear can be most anything.

Bob Pendleton

P.S.

I have to ask, did I even come close to answering the question you
thought you asked?