[gameprogrammer] Reading Audio Streams

  • From: Stephen Smith <gp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:14:41 +0000

Hi all,

I had a great idea the other day - rather than writing music for my games, I thought I'd stream it from internet radio stations a'la GTA. I'm probably being a bit niave, but is it just case of connecting via http and then reading the bytes and playing them as if it was an mp3 file?

Needless to say I tried it and didn't get very far, but maybe the radio station itself wasn't working. Has anyone else written an internet radio player and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Smith