[gameprogrammer] Re: Making random numbers in C++

  • From: "milos chmel" <xchmelmilos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:03:39 +0100

srand(int) won't generate you random nubner it will only start the
generator ....

Generating random number in stdlib is implemented like:

global int x

void srand(int start_value) {
  x = start_value
}

int rand(void) { // that what you need
   x = some_function(x)
   return x
}

--
"Brevity is the soul of wit." by William Shakespeare
" It IS NOT all FACTS. It IS TRUE. I believe it SHOULD NOT BE BELIEVE