[gameprogrammer] Re: Linux equivalent of CreateDirectory

  • From: "Dave Slutzkin" <daveslutzkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:56:58 +1000

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 14:51:45 -0700, "Kevin Jenkins"
<gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> This is what I wrote.  I'm actually running on windows so have no way to
> test it.  Hope it works :)

You obviously need cross-platform filesystem functions - you will
probably need more stuff at some point in the future, and have to hack
it up yourself.  The alternative is to use a library which _nicely_
wraps the filesystem, in a cross-platform way.

One such is boost::filesystem - part of the Boost libraries available
from www.boost.org.  I would strongly recommend using this (or another
good library) if you are doing cross-platform development.  Personally,
I'd feel pretty worried about putting out code that I haven't been able
to test.  I'd still feel worried when using boost, but less worried,
because the basic filesystem functions work very well.

Hope that helps,

Dave.
--
  Dave Slutzkin