[gameprogrammer] Image sizing with constrain

  • From: Orel Beckford <force_ogb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 02:52:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

I have'nt posted to this list for months, still
reading you mails :-)

I having a problem trying to resize an image with
constrain.  for example if I have an image which was
400 x 300 and I wanted to reduce the x of the image by
70,  I need to calculate what the reduction of y
should be, to keep the image looking like the the
original but smaller, if I was to reduce the y by 70
also the image looks a bit stretched, does anyone have
the formular to work out how much to reduce the y by.

Rgds
Force