[gameprogrammer] Re: Good questions

  • From: "Mike Gillissie" <Niyoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:37:48 -0400

Heh - I've gone through my share of health concerns lately (the joys of not
being 20-something anymore!) - I've found that the best way to stay healthy
is to avoid obsessing over your game development.

I've got a habit of getting started on something and becoming totally
absorbed by it. Must get this working must get this working woah! It's
midnight? And of course you finally straighten up and your back, arms and
shoulders crack like the earth on judgement day. Supposedly.

Also, ergonomics. I've spent more time on the computer over the past
I-can't-count-the-years-anymore, and only a good office area configuration
has kept me from carpal tunnel issues, I'm sure...

Finally, don't ignore The Wife. The Wife will hurt you.