[gameprogrammer] Re: GUI

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 12:05:29 -0600

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 13:59 +0000, Chris Schnurr wrote:
> At 15:09 30/12/2004, Sharu wrote:
> >Hi there.
> >I am trying to build a GUI for my "battleship" game.
> >Can anyone give me links to good tutorials.
> >Also some links for 3D Models that can be downloaded
> >for free.
> >

> >Thankx.
>
> At the risk of showing my age,
>
> http://ftp.uni-paderborn.de/aminetbin/find
>
> type '3dobj' into the searchable index.
>
> Alternatively, just browse here :-
>
> http://ftp.uni-paderborn.de/aminet/dirs/gfx_3dobj.html

This is a remarkable collection of material. Looking over the site I
could not find anything about the copyright status of this material. Do
you know what license(s) cover this material? Also, several of the
objects or of trademarked items (such as the star trek models) do you
know what kind of restrictions there are on these items?

Sadly, in this litigious age you have to be sure of the legalities
before you can dare to intellectual property.

        Thank You,

                Bob Pendleton