[gameprogrammer] Re: Fixed Point Library at gameprogrammer.com

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:47:40 -0600

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 12:22 -0500, Jeremiah Martell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm curious why the fixed point library code at gameprogrammer.com is
> free to use for only non-commercial use?

Wow, talk about a blast from the past... It has that license because
when I originally wrote (more than 10 years ago?) I hoped to make some
money off of it and that seemed like a nice license to use. Also, at
that time I was not as aware of the value of licenses such as the LGPL.

> I found the slow fixed sqrt
> function very helpful, and I'd like to use it in a game I plan on
> selling ... one day far in the future :-)

Feel free to use any of that code in any way you see fit.

> Any way we could get this under a BSD license or just release it under
> public domain?

Please consider this email as permission for all people on the list to
use the fixed point library on gameprogrammer.com any way you chose.

Bob Pendleton

P.S.

What kind of machine still needs fixed point arithmetic?

> Thanks,
+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +