[gameprogrammer] Re: Civil Hackers School

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:48:42 -0500

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Chris Nystrom<cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I know you are into martial arts. This guy runs a computer programmers
> dojo (is that the right name?). Basically a private programmers school
> modelled after a martial arts school. I thought it was a cool idea.

Dojo is the name for martial arts school in Japanese. It is widely
used for all kinds of martial arts schools in the US. In Chinese it is
a kwoon. In Korean IIRC the word is Dojang. So you study Kung Fu in a
kwoon, Taekwando in a dojang, and karate in a dojo.

Was there a link to the article?

Bob Pendleton