[gameprogrammer] About Linux

  • From: "A.Atienza" <atienzar256@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:29:58 +0200

First of all, Hello everybody; it's my first mail in here!

Second thing: Sorry if my english is bad sometimes!

Third thing: Talking about Linux, some time ago i tried some linux
distros; Suse, madrake, JAMD (?), but i didn´t like them at all. It was
too general, if you know what i mean. And also too bloated, a lot of thing
i didn't want. i searched then something more configurable, and i found
www.linuxfromscratch.com (or .org?) Anyway, it was too much of the other
thing.  So i'd like something in the middle, a light, small and completely
STANDARD distro where i can then install by myself thing like KDE, etc. do
you guys know something about that? wheter you know it or not, thanks for
paying me attention! And sorry for bringing up questions that don't fit
much with game programming... i'll ask that thing in the near future. :D

--
A.Atienza
atienzar256@xxxxxxxx