Re: PDF

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:41:26 -0600

Alexandre Amato wrote:
What I really really wanted to do is search and replace, but keeping the style, even if the style changes in the middle of the searched sentence I really tryied doing that alone, and I got it by modifying the raw text, as it is stored. But it doesn't seem a nice / ellegant solution for me.

Here is what I have tentatively have planned for version 1.3.

- Implement option+delete and option+forward-delete keys.
- Implement search methods.
- Implement PDF export.

I can add replace functionality to complement the search
functionality. Straight text search and replace is pretty straight
forward, but when style attributes get involved it gets a little
tricky. I have not done the research on other editors on how they
handle styling when you do a replace. So if you want to see
certain behaviors implement in the search and replace
functionality, now is the time to let me know.

FTC Website:
http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/FormattedTextControl/FormattedTextControl.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.