Re: PDF

  • From: "Dr. Alexandre Amato" <alexandre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:40:14 +0100

What I really really wanted to do is search and replace, but keeping the style, even if the style changes in the middle of the searched sentence I really tryied doing that alone, and I got it by modifying the raw text, as it is stored. But it doesn't seem a nice / ellegant solution for me.

Thanks

Em 09/11/2008, às 17:42, Brendan Murphy escreveu:

Alexandre Amato wrote:
Is it possible to export the file as a PDF directly, instead os printing as a PDF ??

PDF export is a planned feature and not to long ago I was just
considering when to do it. It may appear on version 1.3, but don't
hold me to that officially. First I got to finish 1.2.

I will be using Fireye software's PDF classes to do the actual
export.

I realy like FTC, but the manual should have more examples instead of leading to the sample application

One of the purposes behind the demo application is show how to do
stuff with the FTC. There is a fine line between duplicating code
in the manual that is in the demo application. My strategy is to
cover "topics" in the manual and provide working code in the demo
application. So to this end I have tried to make the demo
application very systematic in laying out entry points into the
FTC. For example, the "Format" menu becomes a very common place to
look for how to do things in the FTC (obviously you would probably
not use such a layout in your end applications and you would
probably use slicker GUIs to implement the functionality).

I work with the FTC all the time, so it takes effort for me to see
the FTC manual from the first time users point of view and write
about those topics. The FTC manual could be easily over 500 pages
long, so I have to prioritize what gets in to the manual. So you
can help me improve the manual by providing specific topics you
want to see covered.

FTC Website:
http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/FormattedTextControl/FormattedTextControl.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev