Re: Handling No Menu

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 12:45:03 -0600

Jym Morton wrote:
> I see in the demo, the window FTCTextFieldWindow has no menubar.  Can you
> tell me where to look in the demo to find where you’ve handled that?  When I
> put an FTC control on the a window without a menubar I get an error when I
> try to setRTF.  More specifically
> ' Clear out any undo items.
>
>  getUndoManager.clear  ß A NilObjectException

That doesn't make sense because getUndoManager can't return nil
since it is initialized in the open event. This leads me to ask
where you are calling the setRTF method? You may be calling it
before it has had a chance to be initialized.

FTC Website: http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/formattedtextcontrol
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.