Re: FTC 1.6.3 beta 13

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:14:39 -0500

Oliver Osswald wrote:
> I am testing FTC 1.6.3.beta13 and on OSX 10.5.8, when using the
> FTRBScriptField,  I noticed a white rectangle on the lower right
> corner. Is
> there something I can do about this, or can you fix it? (On Windows
> Vista
> and XP and on Ubuntu Linux it seems to work fine).

That rectangle region is part of the canvas and needs to be filled
in with something, so by design it is working correctly. From your
description, I am not sure what you mean by saying it work on
Windows and Linux because it behaves the same way for all
platforms.

If you want to change the behavior, in your subclass override the
drawCorner method and make it do what you want it to do.

> And one more thing: I'm using the FTRBScriptField within
> ContainerControls,
> which provide their own border. As a feature-request I would ask you
> if for
> a future version it would be possible to set a boolean property:
> border=False / True (Now I'm setting the bordercolor to
> windowbackgroundcolor, but this leads to a small blue line
> underneath the
> tabbar)

This should be simple to do. Look for this in the next beta.

 From the screen shot you posted and assuming it also shows the
latter problem, that blue line you see looks like a misplacement
of the control instead of a border drawing problem. So look at the
placement of the control (maybe move it up a pixel or two).

Again, you can override the drawBorder method to experiment with
this.

FTC Website: http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/formattedtextcontrol
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.