[fsug-calicut] Re: install firefox 3.5

  • From: "Sharafudheen V.K" <sharafcmr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 04:37:56 -0700

Hi Dear,

   For that u have to compile the source code,
Jst try the following steps,from root login

  *    tar -zxvf      tar.gz
        to untar and unzip, then go inside the directory and run the
configure script .if u want to change its default location, then u have to
cahnge it in "Configure" file then run configure.

*cd firefox

*    ./configure

* make

*make install

I think this will install firefox in the required folder,which is allready
specified in configure script

With Regards,
Sharafudheen VK
+919867542512