[fsug-calicut] Re: LINUX8.0

  • From: Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:49:04 +0530

Manjush posts:

>> Do you  have the Debian 3.0  (latest i think as  these guys release
>> things every fortnight!! which is really great

I think that  you have not interpreted things  correctly.  Btw, please
send text mails.

Debian does  not follow the  `version number madness', they  release a
stable version  only after  an extensive period  of testing  & freeze.
Debian v3.0 aka `woody' is the latest stable release.  I have them and
it has  the most simple  installer.  Debian unstable `sid'  will never
get released,  the packages in this  change on a  daily basis.  Debian
testing `sarge' will eventually get released after about an year or so
as stable `sarge'.

I use `sid' on my Desktop machine and have deployed `woody' across all
servers.  Best of both worlds...ehh.

Do not send html mails.  Best.....

--
ragOO, VU2RGU   ::   Visit us at http://symonds.net/~fsug-kochi/
       Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio

FSUG-Calicut Home Page :
//www.freelists.org/webpage/fsug-calicut