[fsug-calicut] Re: Fwd: seeking advice (about printer support on GNU/Linux)

  • From: Ajith Kumar <ajith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, vkr2002@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:56:06 +0530

"Khuzaima A. Lakdawala" wrote:

> Please cc any replies to vkr2002@xxxxxxxxx
>

> Dear sir,
> I am Company Secretary of Kerala Shipping and Inland Navigation Corporation=
>  Ltd., a Govt. of Kerala Company engaged in Inland Navigation. I amincharge=
>  of computerisation of this Company. We have invited tenders for this=
>  process and it is in the final stage. Being interested in the Linux=
>  platform we had emphasised  this in the tender and asked the parties to=
>  quote for both windows and LInux platforms.
>
>     As a trial I have installed MANDRAKE linux in one of the machines. Th=
>  installation went smoothly. i installed the OPEN OFFICE as the office=

After seeing your mail I tested a TVSE MSP 55 plus  model using OpenOffice.
It works fine.

The dricer chosen from RedHat Printtool is
Under Section Epson
  Dot Matrix
  eps9mid

Almost all the dot matrix printers are Epson compatible.
I have earlier tried other models also.
The printer manual may say to which model it is
compatible. I tied with an old one from junk and no manual available.

We are mainly using RedHat 7.3 at the moment. Not much familiar with Mandrake
tools.

with regards

ajith

FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page :