[fsug-calicut] Re: Decoder plug-in missing in Ubuntu 9.10

  • From: Sajjad Anwar <sajjadkm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut <fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:21:25 +0530

2010/2/14 ABOOBACKER PULLISSERI <aboobacker0821@xxxxxxxxx>

>  Hi  Junise

Hello Aboobacker. This is not Junise's personal email address. This is the
emailing list of Free Software Group Calicut, where all the FS enthusiasts
are listening.

>        Can we install the softwares from Ubuntu 9.04 of LBS released
> DVD to Newly Installed Ubuntu 9.10 ?

It depends on what kind of packages you are trying to install. This is not
recommended.

>         While playing sound file and video files in Ubuntu 9.10
> ,shows that many decoder plug-in are missing how can we fix this
> problem
>
> Error like this
>
> An error occurred
> The playback of this movie requires a MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3) decoder
> plugin which is not installed.

You can download and install the plugins directly from your computer.
Go to System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package manager.
Search for gstreamer, install which ever necessary. This requires and
internet connection.

Regards.

Sajjad Anwar | http://geohackers.in | Blog: http://sajjad.in