[fsf60k] Fundraiser/Student Meeting Update

  • From: "Kristi Lalor" <kristi.lalor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SF60K <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:15:06 -0400

Hello All,
I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for the long e-mail to follow!

In terms of the fundraiser's silent auction, I feel as though the event is
beginning to really shape up. Attached is an excel spreadsheet
of all the businesses that have donated, what they have donated, and if they
haven't donated...who to call or when to go back and pick something up.
There are a number of businesses on the bottom list that haven't given me
something tangible yet, but who definitely will be in the following week.

I have Emily Rogers, a student, putting together other students with senior
drivers and have given them designated spots to hit up before this weekend.
She will continue to keep me posted. I have decided to continue to focus on
Huntington and the Centerport area myself. However, when businesses
leave Emily information that requires her to follow-up on a day that an
owner is there or something of that nature, I will be unable to follow up
with every business,
so is anyone interested in following up with businesses who ask Emily and
the other students to do so to possibly collect silent auction items? Please
let me know. Thanks!

Attached (for Mr. White really) is a list of people who's addresses I do not
have in any of the paperwork. If you can come up with any of the addresses,
Mr. White, that
would be great!

My friend (a graphic designer) saw the invitation I have been working on and
has taken over creating one for me. She will have it done before the
weekend.
This weekend I was hoping to stuff the envelopes and put the address
labels/stamps together and get them OUT!!!!!!!! Anyone interested in
stuffing and sticking the labels on the envelopes? Tuesday I will bring
invitations or more fliers to hand out (again) at the student's meetings to
make sure we get their parents at the event. Mr. White and I will hopefully
set up a time to meet with Phil (any days in mind, Mr. White?)

Mr. Wiltamuth will be putting out a press release soon and that should
target some new (and old) people to the event! I also invited the local
business owners who I've spoken with.
Also, Mr. Wiltamuth said he wouldn't mind putting together a simple brochure
of all the businesses who donate that can be distributed to all of our
guests at the event. Mr. W, can you still do that? I think that's a selling
point for many of the business owners/managers. I guess we have to do it
since I told them we would, though!

I visited all the supermarkets yesterday to invite them to attend the event
and be honored for all of their support and hospitality. I went to Northport
& East Northport Stop & Shops, Northport King Kullen, Northport & East
Northport IGAs, Best Yet, Pat's Meat Farms, and Waldbaums Pulaski.....DID I
MISS ANY?! Please let me know. Also, how long have we been tootsie-rolling
in general? I know it changes from store to store but 15-20 years? Most
managers seemed very appreciative and will be faxing the formal letter I
brought in to each manager to their headquarters or will be giving it to the
store owner. Northport IGA seemed a little abrupt, but oh well. My contact
information was left and hopefully I will be receiving RSVP phone calls
soon!!!! What exactly will we be distributing to each representative and
guest the night of the event?

I was able to attend the Students meeting tonight where Dr. McDermott
introduced the new advisor, Lisa Flanagan. I asked the students to decide on
an amount for the Chacraseca
water project that Rev. Penrose is working on. The students will be meeting
with Mrs. Flanagan (Mr. White wants to attend, as well) next Tuesday
afterschool at 3pm in the upper H wing somewhere to talk finances. They
would rather wait for that day to make a decision about where the $2500 they
plan on donating should come from. It looks like we have a commitment from
Students on that amount, though. I will not be able to make the finance
meeting.

Hmmmm...I'm sure I'm leaving SOMETHING out! Ha.

Have a great week!

Kristi