[fsf60k] Fundraiser FYI

  • From: "Kristi Lalor" <kristi.lalor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SF60K <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 20:58:03 -0400

Hello all,
I just wanted to give everyone a head's up on the status of the fundraiser
at this point.
Many Northport shops were visited on Thursday by a small group of students.
About 5 stores donated and many more
took my phone number and also asked for the students to visit again (i.e.
when the owner is there).

Today, I went into Huntington and up NY Avenue (south of Main St)
with a girlfriend of mine. Dr. Kornblatt takes the cake for the best item
given at this point ($100 to his store, Family Optical!), yes he's related
to Melanie & Shari).
Due to the holiday, many owners were not available, but I have many numbers
and will be callings and following up with many stores tomorrow. I will be
calling more
students tomorrow to get into shops in the Northport/Enpt area more. I have
a whole list of the shops visited and the items donated or what was said at
each. I haven't typed it
yet, but I can after I follow-up tomorrow with more shops.

I visited each supermarket (Northport King Kullen, Northport & Enpt Stop &
Shops, Northport & Enpt IGAs, Pat's Meat Farms, Waldbaums Pulaski, & Best
Yet) today
with a formal letter and a flier inviting a representative and guest to the
Fall Fete. The managers were extremely receptive (except at Northport
IGA....I didn't like their vibe) and
appreciative. The bigger stores were faxing or mailing the invitation to
their headquarters and the smaller shops were forwarding the invitation to
the store owners. My phone number and Mr. White's address were included on
the invitation. Most told me they would be calling me back. I hope they do!
Now, have we tootsie-rolled at Best Buy? I thought Mr. Wiltamuth said that,
but I wasn't sure.

I've typed up all the guests' addresses onto a labels template on Microsoft
Word. I picked up the labels and envelopes from Staples today. I will be
printing out the address labels and find the help of interested students to
put the labels and stuff the envelops with the invitation. The invitation is
almost done and I can send it out sometime tomorrow or Wednesday so you can
all see it and approve it or not. I want to get that out to potential guests
ASAP, though.  Mr. White and I also plan on setting up a date with Phil to
hopefully get him to pull 100 people to this event!

Also, Mr. White....how long exactly have we been tootsie rolling? Nearly 15
or 20 years?

Okay, I just wanted to give a heads-up....more e-mails with updates to
follow!

Kristi