[fsf60k] FW: Update on electrical installations

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kcshr@xxxxxxxxxxx, fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:39:03 -0400

FYI, from PW

-----Original Message-----
From: Nuevas Esperanzas [mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:51 PM
To: michael cipoletti; gpardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
lisapflanagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; esendin@xxxxxxxxx;
skornblatt@xxxxxxxxx; dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx; kcshr@xxxxxxxxxxx; billcpf@xxxxxxx
Cc: director@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Update on electrical installations

Dear all

We have recently got back from six weeks in the UK so just wanted to update
you on progress.

This is the latest situation:

Andrew met with the Alcalde and other representatives from the Alcaldia
yesterday.  The power supply is to be installed by an electrician contracted
by Nuevas Esperanzas.  The installation required Union Fenosa approval and
after the electrician submitted the plans it took Union Fenosa two months to
respond.  Their response was to approve the plans subject to modification.
The contractor?s original quote was subject to Union Fenosa approval so he
said he would have to charge extra.  Union Fenosa were requesting an upgrade
to the main posts which will take the power supply to the well at an
additional cost of $4,000.  This would facilitate provision of electricity
to Nuevo Amanecer in the future.  We told Union Fenosa we could not use
funds for the water project for that and they said that in this case a
change just had to be made to the main post with the transformer at an
additional cost of $1,600.

We responded that it was fine to take advantage of the opportunity to
upgrade but the Alcaldia would have to find the additional funds.  It took
them three months to look for funding and they then told us to use money
from phase 3 to pay the extra but gave us nothing in writing to support
this.  We said we could not spend the money with no guarantee the extra
would be found and the risk that we could end up with no money, no water and
no electricity.

At the meeting yesterday, the Alcalde agreed we should go with the cheaper
option (upgrade main post, additional cost $1,600) using funds from the
phase 3 budget.  The electrician was paid 70% of his fee yesterday and will
purchase materials on Friday (feriado today and tomorrow).  He will begin
the installation next week and says it should be completed by mid-October.
One additional day will then be required for the pump to be installed by
Durman Esquivel.

There are still a few meters to be installed but this will be done by the
time the electrician has finished assuming the plumber is available.

Hope this helps fill you in ? sorry it is such a long story.

Best wishes from a very wet and stormy León!

Jane

Jane Longley

Nuevas Esperanzas

Apartado 400