[fsf60k] Comedor Escolar Study

  • From: gpardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 05:50:10 -0500

Hi Friends,

As you may know, the Comedor Escolar project (school lunches for the children of Chacraseca), which feeds approximately 1200 children while they are in school, and has been a signature project for SF60K, depends on contributions for approximately 70% of its funding. The rest is raised through rental of project owned lands and farming. The original intent was for it to be 100% sustainable. We are trying to fund a study by an agricultural engineer and a team of others to procure a study that will make recommendations on how we can reach 100% sustainability. The scope of work(includes goals), costs and schedule are attached. We are looking for FSF60K to make a $500 contribution to the study. I believe SF60K will contribute $1800. The balance will be made up by other groups for the budgeted amount of $3600 (study $3100 + $500 contingency and other money transfer expenses). Our intent is to use the study for planning and to seek funding through grants. Please review the attached so we can discuss on Thursday's meeting.

Thank you,
George Pardo