[fsf60k] 25,000 for Climate Change by Dec. 1

  • From: L Morella <lyndalaura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: agatha and kevin munn <ajm113a@xxxxxxx>, Aggie & John Graham <aj61204@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Anna Harris <annaharr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gabriele Guerra <dixhills2005@xxxxxxxxx>, Marsha <mrspatilz@xxxxxxxxx>, <jmchabot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mary Miller <mmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anne Coneys <kconeys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <abhinavanilpatil@xxxxxxxxx>, Laurie Farber <starflexp@xxxxxxx>, Pat Hug <phug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Margaret Silverman <margxs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, vicki sills-levy <vicki.k.sills-levy@xxxxxxx>, Cathy Close Mahler <cjc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Shari Peyser <sharipr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zena Silva <sheba155@xxxxxxxxx>, liz peck <elizpeck@xxxxxxxxx>, Catherine Crofts <cvcrofts@xxxxxxx>, Jennie Barton <jenbarton60@xxxxxxx>, Barbara Belardi <bserve56@xxxxxxxxx>, ellen fleury <efleury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Annette Goldberg <nette523@xxxxxxxxx>, cely vanek <avanek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kathy nelson <ktmnelson@xxxxxxx>, Peggy Ludemann <pludemann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Deirdre Hamill <dlh2556@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bruce Hutchison <brucehutch@xxxxxxx>, carmen ianora <rockstarclimbing@xxxxxxxxx>, Carolyn Morganstern <morgy5@xxxxxxx>, greendrinks1 <anna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, greendrinks2 <davidpsibek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Ianora <jimianora@xxxxxxxxx>, Joseph Hutnik <jhutnik@xxxxxxxxx>, Kathy Cravero <kriscrav@xxxxxxxxx>, Laura Morella <lauragrace0702@xxxxxxxxxxx>, lisa garden <lisa.garden@xxxxxxxxxx>, lynda chauncey <lchauncey03@xxxxxxxxx>, nancy colona <nancolon@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Nancy Daly <erdiii@xxxxxxx>, Nancy Hutnik <nancyhutnik@xxxxxxxxxxx>, phil levy <plevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ralph morella <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, rosanne chauncey <rchauncey@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Roz Goldman <rgold32478@xxxxxxx>, <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Alysa Hutnik <alysa.hutnik@xxxxxxxxx>, Alyssa Hug <ahug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ariel Goldberg <ariel.claire@xxxxxxxxx>, Grandma Grandpa <haloru@xxxxxxxxx>, <dgarden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Dibb <dougdib@xxxxxxxxx>, matt harris <mharris3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, rob garden <robjgarden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 02:38:24 -0500

Please sign this petition for our planet.

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:42:47 -0500
From: info@xxxxxxxx
To: lyndalaura@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 25,000 for Obama by Dec. 1

Hi Lynda,

Tell Obama to step up on climate change:
Sign the petition today!
Today is the one year anniversary of President Obama's election, and I'm
concerned. The U.N. Climate Change Conference is only five weeks away, and no
one knows if world leaders will agree on a climate treaty that is FAB - fair,
ambitious, and binding. What we do know is that strong U.S. climate policy and
bold leadership by President Obama will vastly improve our planet's chances for
success at Copenhagen.

That's why President Obama must use his bully pulpit to push Congress harder
for the strongest possible clean energy and climate bill, and to join world
leaders in Copenhagen in December to rally for a strong climate treaty.  For
too long the United States has been obstructing a global deal on climate.

Let's deliver 25,000 petition signatures to President Obama by December 1st.
Urge the President to step it up on climate by pushing for bold climate action
at home and around the world:

http://www.1sky.org/StepUp

Hundreds of thousands of people gathered in 181 countries on October 24 with
the 350 campaign to demand strong, science-based cuts to global warming
pollution from their leaders.  1Sky worked with you to organize more than 220
events in 47 states nationwide last Saturday!

Now we need Obama's leadership more than ever to turn that demand into action.
Please tell President Obama to get even more engaged in the fight to tackle
climate change here and abroad:

http://www.1sky.org/StepUp

Just a few weeks ago, pundits had declared the public health care option dead,
but now the Senate is poised to include it in their bill -- all because of the
power of grassroots activists like you and political leaders who heeded your
call. We can harness that same power to pass bold clean energy and climate
legislation here at home and a strong global climate treaty in December.

Help us deliver 25,000 signatures to President Obama by December 1st and tell
him that when it comes to climate, we wont give up until this job is done and
that it's time to deliver on his promise of change we can believe in.

In unity,

Gillian Caldwell
Campaign Director, 1Sky

P.S. Please forward this email to everyone you know or share the petition on
Facebook!

Get Local! Become a Climate Precinct Captain

How do I donate? Fund our efforts and make bold climate action a reality

Join our network:

Sign Up: If you received this email as a forward, sign up to receive your own
email updates

How do I stop receiving emails? Click here to unsubscribe