[fruityloops] Re: to moderate or not to moderate, that is the question

  • From: "AndyEbling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 19:01:38 +0100

> until today, this list has been relatively low-traffic
> and is on-topic.  i dont really see a need for
> moderation at this point.  but i would appreciate it if
> people were a little more conscious of changing subject
> lines.

I think this is the view that I am coming round to.   Moderation may be
required at some later stage if the volume of messages starts to get very
high (on the other hand, that makes moderation very hard work) or we start
getting a lot of off topic posts.

The volume of messages seems to be quite sporadic; weeks can go by with only
a handful of posts and then suddenly lots for a few days and then back quiet
again.  I'm not quite sure what, if anything can be done about this.  Any
suggestions?  The sporadic posting does seem to put some people off: a run
of people often unsubscribe after a busy couple of days, whereas they might
tolerate it if messages were more spread out over time.

Perhaps I should draw up some posting guidelines.  If I see these guidelines
are not being adhered to, I'll warn the people concerned as and when
required.  I have a few ideas for suitable guidelines, but I'd also be glad
of any ideas and suggestions.

Can I also encourage people who have not introduced themselves to do so.
Thanks.

I hope you are all enjoying the list and finding it helpful.

Andy